JB iPhone 3GS using it in china

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by loverumors, Sep 24, 2011.

1. loverumors macrumors member

I am going to use redsnow to JB my 3GS, and I am going to china next month. So I can just buy sim card from china mobile and use my 3GS?. Thanks bunch!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

JB will not allow you to use other SIMs in the Iphone. Unless your 3GS is factory unlocked phone.

If your phone is locked to any particular carrier, if you want to use other SIM, then you will need to unlock it. you will have to give us more information about your phone so we can help.

Firmware & baseband.

3. loverumors thread starter macrumors member

I thought if you JB the phone, it will unlock it too. But I guess thats not the case. Thanks.
    firmware is 4.3.5 and modem firmware is 05.16.02

4. labballer88 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3G

I have a iPhone 4 that I lost, so I want to transfer everything to my old iPhone 3g (London-Edition), so I had to unlock it using the ipad baseband method. Now, I want to backup the iPhone 4 on the iPhone 3G, but it does not let me due to an error message saying that the iPhone 3G is not fully updated because it is using the custom iPhone 3G baseband and I can't update it OR back-it-up. Does anyone know how I can backup my iPhone 4 on this unlocked iPhone 3G? THANKS!

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Ultrasn0w can't unlock the baseband you have. The only option for you if you want to unlock your phone is to go with the IPad baseband route.

6. loverumors thread starter macrumors member

thanks a lot