JB iPhone 4 wins $1000 Microsoft challenge!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jbone31, May 4, 2012.

1. Jbone31 macrumors newbie

Being that this is an apple/iPhone forum I assume everyone would like to know ways to screw over the Microsoft copy of apple store!
    Microsoft has a promotion going on to promote there new windows phone, it's a speed test challenge and if you can heads up beat them in the challenge you win a $1000 gift card and if you lose you still get $25.
    Winning this challenge with an un jailbroken iPhone wouldn't be possible cause there phones with the tiles are fast! But jailbroken with "no lockscreen" and "fakeclockup" can easily make you a $1000 richer! :D

Figured I'd share part of my story of winning there challenge with an iPhone yesterday!

2. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

What are u talking about? How do we even attempt to participate? Have to go to one of the ms retail store?

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm still waiting for the $5000 bucks that Bill Gates was supposed to email to everybody.. When he got together with Disney. :rolleyes: remember that one that was back when Microsoft was 1st a big deal in the 90's

4. Jbone31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope no spam here... You can google Microsoft in store windows phone challenge and you'll see.

If you have a Microsoft store in your local area you literally just walk in and they ask if you'd like a chance to win $1000 gift card, you say yes and you take the challenge. It's that easy but that hard part is actually winning, took a few tries and a few different hats cause you're technically only supposed to do it once. I assumed if I won they'd figure a way out of actually handing over $1000 gift card but shockingly they just said , "wow you won! Here you go!" I even have a receipt with my name on it if you want proof it's not spam.
    I just wanted to let you guys in the jailbreak community know in case you want to try and make some money is all.....

5. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I feel really bad for the employees of the stores who compete with the customers.

Presumably there is a lot of pressure from the store to win or you lose the company you work for some money, and presumably you also don't want the wrath of the customers in line if they think you're cheating. Who' would imagine that applying to work at a software retailer you'd end up playing carnival barker?

It's actually kind of a fun concept, though. I used to enjoy Apple's "bake-offs" even though they were pretty fixed for very specific uses that took advantage of AltiVec. They were a big crowd pleaser. I tried finding a video, unfortunately, "apple bake off" brings up lots of actual bake-off results with actual apples.

Also, I think Microsoft started this campaign quite a while ago with TV commercials where people were paid cash if they could show their phone was faster. Sounds like the in-store part is new, though.

6. Jbone31 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, that's cool.
    So what did you have to do? Look up a movie?

8. Jbone31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup just using whichever app you want you just pull up a movie of there choice usually and the local theatre... I had that and many other apps opened and ready so with no lockscreen I had a head start and then with the fakeclockup app I had zero animation lag so it jumped straight into it...