iPhone JB iPhone 5 Needs Replacement

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gregrose, Feb 7, 2014.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

Hi Everyone,
    My power button on my iPhone 5 has stopped working over the past week. I am still under warranty so I plan to make a trip to the apple store to get a new phone.

Is it safest for me to restore (unjailbreak) my phone before I bring it in, or will it be ok if I leave it jailbroken? My biggest fear is they dont replace my phone then I am stuck with it unjailbroken. My other plan was to delete most of my jailbreak features, bring it in and hope they dont notice that it is jailbroken.

What should I do?

Thanks for any help!!

2. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Definitely put it back to stock. Even if your issue is hardware you don't want there to be any stipulation. You can always jail break it again if they don't replace it. Though I'd try more than one Apple store before you give up.

Good luck!

3. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

They'll replace it for broken button
    Restore in iTunes
    The refurb will prob be on 7.0.4 so still jail breakable.
    Think evasion was updated yesterday to support 7.0.5

4. gregrose thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok sounds good, hate the process or restoring, but what must be done must be done

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Better being safe than sorry.

i don't overload my IP5s with tweaks so re downloading the hacks/tweaks is a fast affair.

6. gregrose thread starter macrumors 6502

is there an JB app where i can backup my jailbreak to make it painless to restore all my JB apps when i rejailbreak?

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

AptBackUp? PkgBackup?

I personally would recommend to manually install your tweaks but whatever you feel like doing is fine too