Jb iPhone first time

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sweetice2007, Oct 30, 2010.

1. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

I just jb my iPhone last night. Pal helped me. Now i don't know how to start customising my iPhone! Can someone run through steps or something? I don't know what springboard or winterboard do and how to launch them etc

Thanks

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Deep breath. Do some lurking and reading, and look at some (recent) YouTube vids.

You have Cydia installed right? You need to install Winterboard (or anything else) you want first.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Congratulations on a successful (it appears) jailbreak. Now take the requisite time to read, watch, and learn. You will get much better assistance here if you show initiative first and come back if you have a specific situation you need help with and there is not an obvious answer in the forums.

Not trying to be harsh here, it's just the way 99% of us got started. And then some day you'll be answering more questions that you are asking :)

4. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

YouTube has some great videos, I would check them out.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

steps depend on what exactly is it that you want to do w/ your iPhone, is not just themes but there are a bunch of apps and add-ons to have new features that modified/improve things in it...

6. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Things like changing the navigation and docks and so forth really

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Like the others have said, start reading and learn to harness the power of google. We're not your mommy and daddy and we're not spoon feeding you information that you can easily learn with some initiative.
    Why don't you start with the stickies? It has general information about jailbreaking. You're going to need it, especially if you screw up.