Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipodboss7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
I have an iOS 5.1.1 and it's jail broken. But most times after I unlock the screen and swipe to bring up the home screen and then swipe or click on an app it freezes for a few seconds then the action happens.
I rejailbroke twice and still have the same problem.

Does anyone else has this problem? Btw I don't use any themes.

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
Have you seen how the device runs without it being jailbroken? Have you tried safe mode? It sounds like something or too many things are running on the device to slow it down.

rhonalex

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
Jailbroken iPod 4 running 5.1.1 also has the same problem, sometimes it has a delay or freeze after unlocking and it takes over 1 minute to boot up.

Before, the iPod was fine, the after-unlock-delay seems to have started after installing 5.1.1 or after jailbreaking using Absinthe.

Ipodboss7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
Have you seen how the device runs without it being jailbroken? Have you tried safe mode? It sounds like something or too many things are running on the device to slow it down.

Before I jailbroke I didn't have a problem , it was after I jailbroke that the lag started. I restored and re-jailbroke 3 times and still have the problem. I have no tweaks and only 2GB worth of games and nothing else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.