Jb + spotlight issue (poof)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tanos, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Tanos, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

Tanos macrumors newbie

Hi ! First time posting :)
    I recently updated my iphone 4 to 6.1 and i jailbraked it using the evasion.
    So as usuall i like to hide apps that i dont use with poof via Sbsettings.
    Whenever i need an app that is hidden i simply search it with spotlight . The issue now is that the hidden apps don't appear in search . Only the apps i have in springboard .
    Before i was on 5.1jb and it was working .
    Any ideas , suggestions ?
    Thank you and sorry for my english xD !

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They don't show up in Spotlight when hidden via Poof on iOS 5.X either. But they do show up in the Top Hit list on both. To get them to appear in Spotlight, unhide them, search for them with Spotlight and tap them to launch them through Spotlight, rehide them, search for them, they'll be there. If they don't, unhide them and launch them via Spotlight a few times and rehide them.

3. Tanos thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your quick respond .
    No it doesn't work , i did it multiple times with no result .
    Plus i hide apps that i use frequently like viber and it doesn't show up either in spotlight . :/

4. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    What is doubly frustrating is, having the same issue as the OP, when I finally just deleted poof the apps I had hidden remained so, even after 'reset all settings'.

Adding poof back and unhiding them and again deleting poof didn't help.

I ended up doing a fresh restore (set up as new device) and having to add everything back to get the hidden icons to reappear.

6. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

I too have this same issue using Springtomizes hiding feature. Only on iOS6.x.x, never had this happen on iOS5.

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I hate spotlight!! and I love my screen to be clean. even on my pc. so what I did is used an app called iBlank and it will create a blank app icon that you cant see. I put it on the first page then I group all the rest of the apps in folders on the other page. I also use nospot to get rid of spotlight.

8. Ileanaaamarieee macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and I fixed it :D ok so I'm pretty new to jail break and all that I have no clue about cydia and stuff so if you get confused about what I'm talking about just bear with me lol. I have poof and hidden the actual app poof with abunch of other stuff. I went to look up poof in spot light and couldn't find it. Sooo I went to this app also downloaded in cydia called Activator .. I don't know what it's used for but my boyfriend downloaded it and told me not to mess with it lol but I went inside of it Lock Screen<Shake And Bake<And found the app poof<Pressed it<locked the screen<shaked it. It then opened the app Poof :D