JB successful, but SIM Card can't work?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by micharadi, Oct 24, 2009.

1. micharadi macrumors newbie

Tonight, I have just tried to JB my iPhone 3G using the PwnageTool 3.1.4 and it was successful. Although, the iPhone works with all functions except for that, it cannot read the SIM card (I cannot make calls, receive calls, texting, etc...). It shows 'No Service' instead. I don't know which part I missed or did wrong while doing the Jailbreaking Process. I'm positive I've followed the instruction quite well.

What really surprises me is that, the iPhone asks me to enter my PIN when I choose unlock the SIM, but its not working!

My iPhone had been already upgraded to 3.1.2 via iTunes before I tried jailbreaking it. Also to mention, my iPhone is a factory unlocked device. I had no problem with unlocking every time I upgraded a new update.

Any ideas?

2. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

3. micharadi thread starter macrumors newbie

No I have not. TBH, I don't know how. It used to work without resetting network settings.

4. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Try resetting the network settings first Settings->General->Reset->Network Settings. If that doesnt work I would restore and re-jailbreak.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you get the correct IPSW or make the IPSW correctly ?

Official sim ... uncheck activate phone box (sim activates the phone)
    unofficial sim ... check activate phone box (hacktivation)

If you do it wrong, no service

6. micharadi thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try that but still the same. I have already begun the re-jailbreaking after restoring it. Let's see what happens.

Thanks.