iPhone JB to "substitute" for 6+ Home Button?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hakr100, Dec 3, 2014.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Is there a JB applet that will put a Home Button on the screen that I can use to close apps? I'd like to use the electromechanical switch less on my new 6+.

Thanks

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Activator will probably be a nicer solution.

3. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thought Activator was only partially implemented for 8.1+ on iPhone 6's?

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

5. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

works perfectly on 8.1

i use a swipe right on the statusbar to emulate the homebutton, and also a 'touch' (not press) on the touchid sensor for those pesky statusbar-less apps

6. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm new to Activator.

Might you share the exact settings and where they are you use to accomplish the statusbar and touchid controls you mentioned? Thanks!

7. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

8. kewldewd macrumors member

There are many ways to achieve this my friend.

Virtual Home changes the behavior of the home button so it will respond to touch instead of having to press the button down. This can be useful with the 6+

Activator is your best option tho, since you can program any gesture or action to do anything!! For example swipe down on right edge for home button- try it out maybe exactly what you need.

Finally yes there's options like you asked for but dont need a jailbreak just goto settings-accessibility & enable assistive touch.

9. themyst macrumors 6502

^ This. Don't need a jailbreak for that.

----------

Activator's print sensor recognition is flaky at best. Until they fix it, I'd stay away.

10. kewldewd macrumors member

If you need a walkthru for activator here...

-Open Activator, select Anywhere
    -Scroll down to select the prompt you want (for example swipe right edge -top to bottom)
    -Now select the action (for example Home Button)
    -Now back out to main screen in Activator & select Assignments
    -You will see anything you've programmed here & can adjust/delete from here too (for example one you just programmed will have 3 actions set -Lockscreen, Homescreen, & In Application. Find the lockscreen & swipe left to delete it)
    -Test the commands by swiping top to bottom on right edge from application (have to exit Activator settings first). Now test on homescreen it should bring back to page one. Note that since the command was deleted the action wont work from homescreen.
    -Enjoy !!

11. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey, thanks...it works for me! :)

12. kewldewd macrumors member

For sure I dont use activator to override the homebutton either, only for swipe gestures around the edges. Virtual Home & BioProtect already have the homebutton overly tweaked out in my setup so prob wouldn't work well anyway haha