iPhone JB Tweak for silencing phone with volume rocker?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Phoboss, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Phoboss macrumors member

Hey,
    one thing thats been bothering me since my very first iphone and what I could never really wrap my head around is, that you cant use the volume rocker to set the ringer volume to 0%... every other phone on the planet (at least as far as I know) has this option.
    I'm evenly often in situations where I want my phone set in vibrate mode or completely silent. So what I want to do is this: If I want my phone in vibrate mode, I press the - volume button until the ringer volume is set to 0. And if I want it completely mute I use the mute switch (paired with the "dont vibrate on mute" option in the settings.
    why this is not possible by default is beyond me... Right now I always have to go to the settings app and enable or disable the vibrate function...

my question is, since I cant be the only one whos bothered by this, is there a JB tweak for this?

thanks in advance

phoboss

2. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Maybe you could use Activator to set your own gesture (eg long hold on volume down) to set the device to silent? I'm not sure if that option is available in Activator but there are a ton there.

3. Phoboss, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

Phoboss thread starter macrumors member

I think I tried Activator quite some time ago, and it wasn't able to do that. Might've changed by now, I'll have a look on Sunday :)
    I still wonders me though, that no one else is bothered by this... I've been used to this function ever since my very first Nokia 20 Years ago...

4. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

This bothers me too. Did you ever find a "fix"?

5. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

You could get a vibrate toggle for notification center.

Or with sbsenting you can probably set the vibrate toggle to a volume button press action thru activator.

6. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

If I understood the OP (and my own personal desires) it isn't toggling vibration on and off. It's toggling silent on and off (like the hardware switch does).