JB/Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mpossoff, Aug 6, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi I posted about a jailbreak for iPhone 4, 4.3.3

I sell my iPhone after release to someone overseas so I need a jailbreak that's capable of also being unlocked.

I have a Mac.

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

www.jailbreakme.com For the jb.

A jb is not an unlock; for you to be able to unlock you need to have the appropriate Baseband; find it in settings>general>about
    then crosscheck w/ ultrasn0w if that BB is able to be unlocked; you can also buy a Gevey card to unlock it too.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There is no software unlock for that firmware. Your only option is to use a Gevey SIM, which you can easily research in this forum.

The ONLY unlockable iPhone 4 firmware versions were the very early ones right after launch, with baseband 1.59. A few phones are still out there with that baseband carefully preserved, but as yours is a replacement from Apple, it won't be in that category. And no, baseband cannot be downgraded on the ip4, no exceptions.

4. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

I understand a jb isn't an unlock but you need iPhone jb'ed to be able to unlock, correct?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

not with the Gevey sim you do have to dial 112 to use it.Again baseband 1.59 is the only one that works with UltraSn0w not many exists out there. has to be preserved since 4.0 and 4.0.1