JB vs. Restore due to battery

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jnardis, Aug 9, 2010.

Restore to stock or stay JB due to battery problems

1. Restore to stock

5 vote(s)
  2. Stay Jben

12 vote(s)
  1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Jun 2, 2010
    So I'm pretty sure my battery problems has come after I Jb my I4. I'm debating on going back to stock. After all, I only have 3GU, SBSettings and 5 Icon dock installed and my battery is significantly worse than when it was stock. So I guess I'm taking a poll to see what you guys would do if you had battery problems after jbing?
  2. fisherking macrumors 603

Jul 16, 2010
    ny somewhere
    carry a battery charger. i would NOT give up anything i've jb'd for to get my better battery life back; i'm hoping instead to see a fix, ie something out of cydia that helps with battery draining faster since the jb...
  3. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

Jun 24, 2010
    Jb doesn't effect my battery life at all.. I run sbsettings, bitesms, my3g, and MIM
  4. Claude626 macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2010
    Same. I don't feel the negative effect of jailbreaking. I run Lockinfo, HTC Plugin for Lockinfo, SBSettings, Winterboard with nexus neuro live wallpaper on both lockscreen and homescreen, OpenSSH, BiteSMS, and I'm sure I forget a few.

I don't feel much difference from before I jailbreak my iPhone. During a few of my tinkering sessions of about 2 hours each, battery has gone from 100% to around 75%. However, I think this is understandable as during the 2 hours of tinkering, I'm constantly downloading from Cydia or SSH, removing applications, and the countless restarting of the springboard while trying different tricks and combinations.

On daily usage, I rarely drop into the 50% battery range by the end of the day.
  5. nednarm macrumors 6502

Apr 26, 2010
    I've been trying to figure out what exactly causes the battery to drain so quickly so I restored to stock and set up as new.

I then JB the phone but didn't open cydia. since doing this my battery has gone down 5% with only 25 minutes of very light usage and 1 hour 30 of standby. Bare in mind this is without even opening cydia for the first time so no other apps or extensions have been installed. I realise these stats aren't hugely bad but pre JB my battery would last much longer.
  6. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

Jun 24, 2010
    I've been using my phone hard since 7am and still at 30%