JB w/ Pwnage tool, now cydia has problem with adding repos?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by is300guy, Oct 22, 2010.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

Hey guys, I JB with pwnage tool 4.1.2 successfully and started to download my apps from cydia, which is running smoothly but when I went to add several repos (cydia.hackulo.us and xsellize) it keeps coming up with different errors such as: apt.ripdev.com not found, nicklee.com, iphone.he, and etc. What am I missing that is causing the repos to not add correctly?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

4.1.2? Don't use Hackulo.us or xSellize. They pirate apps, pirating is not allowed on these forums. apt.ripdev.com is dead, I think nicklee.com and iphone.he is as well.

3. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You will get no help here trying to add those repos

4. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I understand, no worries. Forget the thread...sorry guys, didn't mean to take it this route.

5. jmataska macrumors newbie

Hey guys who previously posted. I didnt realize these were repos involved in pirating and i also tried to add them to my list of sources and got an error that they didnt add (thank God!) but now everytime that i start up cydia and its "downloading packages" etc, it keeps searching for them and always gives me the error message. How can i tell my phone/cydia to stop searching for them?? Any help would help a million. thnx guys

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

1. SSH into your iPhone
    2. Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
    3. Download the Cydia.list to your computer and open it using any text editor.
    4. Delete the source you added. For example, "deb http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/ ./" if this is the source you want to delete, simply delete that one line and then save the file.
    5. Drag or upload the saved document into the sources.list.d folder and replace the file.
    6. Respring.