JB with GreenPoison SSH ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

What is the username and password to ssh into my phone so I can edit the icons, I do not see that mentioned anywhere

2. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

It's the same login as it is with every jailbreak. There's nothing special about greenpois0n and ssh.

4. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Got it now I just need to find a Mobile Terminal for 4.1 that works :rolleyes:

5. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Google might have a little trouble with that one.

6. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

You gotta pay for it, but iSSH is amazing. If you have an iPad too, I recommend the $9.99 version with VNC tunneling. :)
    Not to be picky, but iOS like Unix is case sensitive so it would be:
    Username: root
    Password: alpine

Just in case any newbies come across this thread. :)

7. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I'm gonna jailbreak in a minute (I haven't in a while…gotta keep it fresh), know of any apps that allow you to access a server via FTP (GUI app of course).

Sorry, brain fart I guess.
    I would have realized that it needed to be lowercase after the first failed attempt, but you are right, there are lots of people that wouldn't have.

8. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Free ones in Cydia? Unfortunately no, but I have heard some stuff about FTP On The Go in the App store that seemed favorable.

9. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

FTP on the Go (Regular; $6.99 - "Pro" version apparently has some iPad optimizations and is $9.99) :

For what little I've done, it's been good :) You can edit stuff in app, and import from the camera roll (and video if you've that function). You can also browse the net from with the app, lets you preview and also get stuff elsewhere to your FTP since this app doesn't peek through other app's files.

Also, HTML Editor($4.99) has a built in FTP client/ but won't, IIRC, save passwords.