JB'd my 3GS on iOS 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SurferMan, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

No problems using redsnow, went smooth. Ohhhh how nice is it to have SBSettings back, the cool thing is it's integrated into the notification center. There's a ton you can do with it now. I played with it for like an half hour last night just trying different things and settings. Sweet having it run on the lockscreen and access everything from right there :D

Was going to install FolderEnhancer but it says it won't be ready for iOS 5 for another week or two. As I hate how Apple did their "folders", don't know what putz there came up with that dumb solution. I mean 12 apps in a folder, com'on. I have like 60 games and other apps for biz and other stuff. I used categories before, but FE I can make a games folder, then folders inside that folder for the various games (action, puzzles, shooter etc). Why could Apple not come up with that simple and efficient system?

2. flatlined macrumors member

are you on a old-bootrom iPhone3GS?

Also how is the battery life?

Thanks

3. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

If I recall from 2 years ago, it was the old bootram. Battery life seems fine, better than before. I don't know what happened but with iOS 5 something kept hanging in the background when apps were frozen in the task bar to use. If I constantly closed them it was fine, but still can't fig out what was causing the draining as icloud, locations etc were all off. After I jailbroke I notice no difference now when apps are in the task bar, go figure lol.

There's still some stuff that's being updated though that can't be used with iOS 5 yet on JB, if you search there's a list of apps that work. All I really care about though for the moment was SBSettings, so nice to have back and it's integrated into notifications.