JB'ing 4.2.1 getting harder?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pinkstiletto66, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

After reading a few responses it always makes jbing look like something only a complete techie should do. Like a person mentiond using a certain type of redsnow so it wont mess up certain features. My thing is, is all of the do's and don't in the how to tutorials on youtube as well as on here? I've seen a few how to jb on youtube, and want to go that route but dont want to end up pulling my hair out in frustration..Is the youtube how to theright way to go? your thoughts please? Tx.

2. iphone4jb macrumors newbie

All the video tut is using the Redsnow beta build to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1. So my advice - Stay away.

Hopefull the stable untethered jailbreak will be released by next week.

3. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

What program should I use? I don't really mind if it has to be tethered at this point. I just dont want anything wrong to happen. Do you have a link?

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

First of all, check the iOS version running on your iPhone. You're better off with 4.1 (or before) for now. The only people really forced to use 4.2.1 are iPad owners who want to jailbreak since 3.x doesn't include a lot.

5. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I would personally wait till the untethered 4.2 comes out. That is what I am doing. I miss my jailbreak but I will not downgrade the firmware because I actually like airplay