JBL Creature 2 speakers VERY quiet

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Alistair1990, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Alistair1990 macrumors member

Alistair1990

Hope this hasn't been mentioned already but I am having some problems with JBL Creature II speakers with my MacBook. I bought a set a few weeks ago, they were fine untill one day were very quiet (as in no louder than my headphones).

I took them back to the nearest Apple store (2 hours away by public transport) and had them replaced with a new set. These worked for about 15 minutes before the volume quickly dropped like before, the MacBook's own speakers are FAR louder.

Anyone else had this problem?

Alistair

2. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I find them pretty quiet too actually. I'm not mightily impressed with my Creature IIs. Very pretty, but I wish I'd gone for the Soundsticks or FX6021s :(

3. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

Haven't owned any JBL Creature's but I'd take them back to the store, explain the problem, and ask them to give you store credit and upgrade to the H/K Sound Sticks II, they're awesome. Been using them for three years.

4. Alistair1990 thread starter macrumors member

Alistair1990

Hmm didn't think of store credit, might have to ask about that - thanks!
    Looks like another 2 hours each way to the store (Meadowhall) for me tomorrow...

Alistair

5. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

mine are very loud. did you turn the volume up on the speakers? on the left speaker, there are some buttons that control the volume. just put your finger on the button to increase the volume. the buttons do not click or anything. they have a sensor on them.

6. spyderracer393 macrumors regular

fyi, the speaker with the button is the right speaker!

7. Alistair1990 thread starter macrumors member

Alistair1990

:eek: *feeling somewhat stupid*....yeh, didn't notice the volume control on the speaker, thought the level could only be changed via the input device (MacBook). The first set of speakers did break but at least these ones are OK, thanks very much!

*goes and hides with embarrassment* lol

Alistair

8. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

sorry... calm down. :rolleyes:

when i looked at my speakers, the ones to the left of me had the buttons. no need to get your panties in a bunch.