JBL Onstage II - Comparable speakers for Iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Applemac85, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Applemac85 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Question, I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find anything on this. I upgraded from a 16g Ipod Touch (which I loved), to a 16g Iphone 3g (black). With my Touch, I used the JBL Onstage II dockable speakers to listen to my music at work.

Anyways, when I use my iphone 3g (and it does fit the dock, it just doesn't charge) I get major interference, to the point that it hurts my ears to listen to it. Seeing as I don't want to put my phone in airplane mode, and I also like to listen to Pandora, are there any alternatives to the onstage that help stop the interference? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It would seem that many of the car chargers, FM transmitters, and v1 iPhone compatible accessories are no longer compatible with 3G iPhones. My Belkin car charger and FM transmitter is inoperative. Something about Firewire...:(

3. Applemac85 thread starter macrumors newbie

I get what you're saying, but I think we're having different problems... I think yours is possibly due to the different pins that were switched out in the dock connector. My problem has more to do with radio interference (GSM buzz?) that comes through on my speakers. I thought that certain speakers offered some kind of interference prevention, so that's what I'm really wondering.

4. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Errr.... my pair of logitech pure-fi anywhere speakers have no interference with my old 2G iPhone or 3G iphone but it still charges both of them. Their good as long as you get a good deal for them, plus the built in battery is a big bonus.