JBL or Altec Lansing speakers for Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ukitali, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ukitali macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a speaker dock for my Touch. I would like it to be portable (battery option), have a remote, somewhat aesthetically pleasing and around $100 or less. I was looking at the JBL On Stage Micro and the Altec Lansing iM600. Is the Lansing worth $25 more? Is the sound superior to the JBL? And I realize I'm not going to get fabulous sound with a small speaker system for $100 but I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. Any advice or other option are appreciated.

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I've got the JBL and I'm happy with it. My audiophile spouse poo-poos it and points to the big stero set-up, so I may not be the best judge :p but the price was right.

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

4. ukitali thread starter macrumors newbie

Only $60 if you order it from radioshack.com. I listened to both yesterday and the sound from the Altec Lansing seems much better.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I've been very happy with the portability of my iM3's from Altec Lansing.

They run off of A/C, D/C and USB and for something so small, they really do sound pretty good... take your iPod to a store and try some of the display models for yourself...