Jeez! Data plans are such a mess these days.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by troop231, Mar 8, 2012.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

What we truly need is a single plan that allows you to use your data BETWEEN devices.

I would love to share 3GB using one plan with my two devices as I please, including tethering. :(

Having multiple plans is so friggin redundant. 3GB would be shared quite nicely between my iPhone, which only uses about 300MB a month, and my new ATT iPad that's coming.

Does anyone else agree with me here?

2. chicagofan00 macrumors regular

Per VZWs CFO shared data plans will start rolling out to parts of the country by the middle of this year. Reason for it not coming out nationwide is that they are upgrading the billing system and slowly migrating accounts over.

I believe AT&T is working on this as well.

3. M87 macrumors 65816

Verizon includes tethering with their iPad plans at least.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

While shared plans would be nice, I'd prefer the ability to buy the 2gb bucket and use it till it expires; not just for one month.

They do that in Europe I believe, but the Big Two here wouldn't ever consider something to benefit the consumer.

5. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

What we need are prorated plans that charge you for what you use instead of allotting you so many GBs a month. My data usage varies every month.

6. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

yes exactly!

10gb's shared between my devices would work much better than 5gb's on my phone and 5gb's on my iPad. i ALWAYS go over on my iPad but am always clear on my phone.

7. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I'm on ATT. I really don't want to have two carrier accounts, hence reason why I'm sticking with ATT at the moment.

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Ultimate dream: X GB that I can share across all my devices, my iPhone, wifes iPhone, and 2 iPads all on 1 bill.

9. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

Data is like the new decades text messaging. At first its expensive because its the "new" hot thing, but soon they will realize its the new main form of communication and will allow unlimited plans, it just takes one of the big 4 to take the leap.

10. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Yes that would be key let us share data for the whole family plan.
    It should not matter how I spend my data I pay for.

11. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I'm sure that these unlimited plans that Verizon is supposedly coming out with are not going to benefit the consumer in the end. I'm thinking they're going to let you share data, but there will be a mandatory 9.99 per month charge, per month for that right.

12. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I want a "bucket" of data that I can use however I please.

There are plenty of real scenarios where I would want and need to tether my iPhone to my MBP or my iPad to my MBP depending on the situation.

13. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

That's what I was trying to say. Bucket O' data.

14. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Sounds tasty! :p

[​IMG]