Jeez. Sort It Out O2!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BergerFan, Jul 31, 2008.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Carphone Warehouse has plenty of 16gb's in stock, for purchase online, but O2 has none in their online store.
    As an existing owner of a first-gen iPhone, I can only upgrade online via O2, and I can't take time out of my schedule to traipse to a retail store for the next week atm. *frustration* :(

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You can upgrade through Carphone Warehouse by calling them up - that's what I did and it was pretty painless. I don't know if the procedure's changed (I ordered mine on launch day), but what I did was call them with my existing phone details. They then pass these onto O2, wait for confirmation of upgrade eligibility (took about an hour) and call you back to sort payment details out.

3. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

4. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

i finally ot my 16GB Black iPhone! :D
    Thanks Phil A. I'd still be waiting for O2 to pull their finger out otherwise.
    Comparing both old and new models side by side, I echo all the comments about the feel being better. I think the warmer tones on the 3G actually look a lot better, and the camera is dramatically improved in terms of sharpness.
    My 1st gen had the negative black issue, and I'd kinda gotten used to it, but the 3G doesn't have this, and videos now look even more awesome, as the brighter screen compliments the warmer, more natural tones even better.

The plastic is perfect, also, and how it should have been from the start.
    Listening to music and video via the speaker is now a real joy.

For me, the 3G is an improvement over the 1st gen iPhone, in every way.