Jellow screen fix finally here.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Enny5, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Enny5 macrumors member

Sorry not really. and its yellow not jello

So i got to apple store here in Toronto to replace my Piss of a imac screen. So this tech guys comes out tells me what's the problem? i tell him piss color screen and he tels me i will take it in the back update the firmware and it will be fine since apple has fix/update yellow screen issue. I tell him are you sure are not talking about flickering update he is like noooooo man i promise you its yellow screen fix. I was like ok great. After shlaping that ****ing Imac in that heat thorough Toronto sweting like a pig and taking it back back to Hamilton 45k away i come home and guess what ***** geniuses is a moron its still yellow. I cant wait to go back and bitch slap him and take my money back and build my self kick ass PC for that money. My firs apple product and i am sooooooo disappointed

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

That's too bad. With the nature of Apple's hiring of mostly teenagers as their store employees, you're bound to get a dumbass every once in a while I guess. Usually they don't put a second thought before offering you either a whole new computer or screen replacement.

3. Enny5 thread starter macrumors member

hmm

but i should have know when i ask him is yellow fixed he said it has passed all our test i am like i did not ask you that i ask you if the creen is still yellow. He tells is silent ad tells me yes i tell him i am turning it on and checking and its try at the apple store they look perfect i could no even see the problem its because of the light. How is your imac TMRaven?

4. clager macrumors member

its all BS!!!

there isnt any yellow screen fix as yet, they talk rubbish! but funny thing is, if Apple really wanted they could easily come with a firmware update fixing the yellow tint, no problem at all. A computer civil-engineer, analyst, told me it could easily be done but ofcourse they would have to waste a few hours, what a pitty??
    Im on my third 27 i7 and fortunately, no yellow tint but I wonder what next is going to screw up? Being Apple, this is really bad.
    A massive AD-agency here with 90 employees were actually going to get 2 dozens of this iMac27, guess what, this yellow screen issue made them change their mind.
    Talk about Apple being stupid on this one.

5. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/P1050041.jpg

That's my screen. I'd rate it as a 95%. Pretty uniform, but has a very subtle gradient from warm to cool, and a couple hard to see darker bars at the bottom.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/P1050084-1-1.jpg

In this photoshopped enhanced image, you can see 2 darker bars at the bottom, and at the very bottom, there's a quarter inch or so of yellow tint.

I'll replace it once i see apple's 27 inch monitors for the mac pro, and see if they all look flawless.