Jelly fish watch face

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jamesapp, Jun 23, 2015.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

Just wondered if anyone has any info on the jelly fish watch face.

I saw it demoed but it doesent seem to be available on my apple watch.

2. Mac2me, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

It's the Motion face and looks fabulous. Great screen detail on it. The Motion face has 3 options to customize with: butterfly, flower or jellyfish. When you select that face option, do a force touch to customize. You'll see 2 dots at top. First dot represents the object -- use the crown to scroll to the one you want. Second screen (swipe left to access) you'll get to decide between None, Date, or Day & Date to appear along with the time. Tap crown to select the customized face and have it display.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

4. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

It is on your watch, you just have to change the motion face to the jellyfish and you do that with the customize button feature.

5. paulgandersman macrumors regular

But it takes *so long* for the jellyfish to appear on the screen. Here's what usually happens to me:

I look at my watch for the time. See the time. Black background. A second and a half later the jellyfish finally starts showing up. By then I've already seen the time so now I'm just holding my wrist up hoping to see the jellyfish. It's really annoying and makes the watch face basically unusable to me. Which is a shame because when it is on the screen it is really pretty. But with no complications available on that face, I basically have to stare at the time for a while until the jellyfish shows up and then lower my wrist. :/

6. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

It is a great watch face for retired people. ;)

7. paulgandersman macrumors regular

Honey badger got time for dat.

8. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I agree, it's really beautiful and deserves to be seen. I know people have been giving feed back to Apple on having the ability to extend the visible watch face time. Hopefully it will be something added soon.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Too bad there is such a delay before they appear. I can read the date/time on that watch face and put my wrist back down without the jelly fish showing up.

10. Mackneezie macrumors member

Mackneezie

I use this watch face currently and I agree, definitely takes too long to come up. Shows out how nice the watch screen really is though.

11. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

Scroll the crown to keep the face open longer. Only takes a few turns.

12. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Especially a shame since the flowers and butterflies show up so quickly. I've made the flower my default gave because the effect of it blooming so quickly is so impressive.

Wish Apple would make the jellyfish appear faster.

Tuck