Jeopardy! Fans

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, May 11, 2007.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Any Jeopardy! fans on MR?

I've been watching it pretty much ever since I was born. Remember that set with the metal grid and red backdrop?

I auditioned for Kids Week about four years ago. The audition process seemed rigged to me, but at least I got to meet Jimmy and Sofia from the Clue Crew!

I haven't been watching it as religiously as I used to, but I've been starting to watch it more.

2. dcv macrumors G3

3. diehldun macrumors 6502a

Hell yes!

It was great to also have Jeopardy at the Galen Center at USC. FIGHT ON!

4. jdechko macrumors 68040

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i like jeopardy! i don't make it a point to watch it every night, but if i happen to be in front of the tv at 7:30 pm, that's what i always watch. i started to get hooked on it in high school, which was around 15 years ago (good god, i'm old :eek: ).

i must say i simply abhor the wheel of fortune, and i never flip the channel too soon lest i catch the end of it before jeopardy starts. could never stand the tasteless, over-exuberant contestants jumping around and screaming because they guessed the correct phrase, and vanna white whose sole purpose is to flip the letters/push buttons to light them up. yuck.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I love Jeopardy.

It may be my favorite American game show.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Jeopardy is also my favorite game show, followed closely by The Price is Right. Imagine if they used jeopardy level questions on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? :p
    My brother tried to get on the Teen Tournament when he was in high school, but he didn't make it. I've been meaning to give it a shot as well, but for the College show in my case.

11. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I auditioned for the Kids Week about four years ago, and it seemed rigged to me because the six kids that were chosen for the second round all had last names in the second half of the alphabet (mostly M). Was this the case with your brother?

Now that I've rekindled my passion of Jeopardology, I think I might audition for the Teen Tournament next year (too bad I missed this year's audition window.) I always like the Teen Tournament better than Kids Week because it was an actual tournament instead of a string of episodes.