Jerky Hulu

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jomama7366, May 8, 2009.

1. jomama7366 macrumors member

So, for some reason, any video I watch in Hulu fullscreen is jerky. This doesn't happen with Netflix Watch Instantly, or Quicktime vids from Apple website. It must be something with Hulu.

Does anyone with my same machine NOT have jerky fullscreen playback on Hulu?

Any ideas on what I might be able to do on my end?

(No other programs running, have plenty of RAM, plenty fast broadband DSL---in fact, even if I press 'pause' and wait until the buffer is full, it's STILL jerky).

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Happens to me sometimes with Hulu as well
    Not as much lately... but I do think mine has to do with inconsistent cable broadband

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. jomama7366 thread starter macrumors member

Hmm...mine's definitely not a broadband issue...

4. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

Finally somebody that has my problem too! Lol, I haven't really looked but its nice to know that I'm not the only one here. I'm not home all that often (other than for sleeping, lol) between school getting out at 11 and work at 1 I like to hit up a local wifi spot and watch the tv shows that I miss (NCIS, CSI, The Amazing Race, Hells Kitchen...and 2 or 3 more) and they're "jerky" like you said. They're still watchable and I'll continue to watch via Hulu but it does get annoying sometimes.

At first I thought it was just because I'm using a public wifi and not getting good connection/download speed. But these last two nights I tried Hulu at home with both wireless home network and a ethernet connection and I still get the "jerky" videos. Its not as bad when I'm at home but it still happens a little bit.

Anybody know whats goin on?

5. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

I've experienced that as well on my macbook pro. I've also seen it occur on a hp laptop as well....