Jet Black/Black MacBook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Anthony T, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

How likely do you guys think it is that the new MBPs will come in the "Jet Black" and "Black" that are new to the iPhone 7/7 Plus?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Jet Black, definitely not, due to the scratching. It is also a more expensive, time consuming process, and the surface area is much greater than an iPhone.

Black stands a higher chance; it's the new space grey after all, which the rMB comes in. In fact, I will be surprised if they don't come in silver/black/rose gold.

4. jerryk macrumors 68020

There is a long thread on this from a week or two ago.

5. DerfBWH macrumors regular

I could see them releasing a Space Gray MacBook Pro. Little chance of Black or Jet Black. Reason for this is simple - the iPhone team is separated from the Mac team. Mac team will have gone off last year's iPhone colors, like they did for the new MacBooks.

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Forget the colour, I would just settle for a meaningful update to the 15"

Q-6

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The jet black is only getting 60-70% yields in an iPhone case so I'd imagine a MacBook would be far to much of a nightmare for them. May get Matt black or gold but I honestly couldn't care less.

8. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Best black notebook I have seen recently is Samsung`s Spin 9, looks awesome even the 360 hinge is black, with the aluminium unibody sides being highly polished, equally a fingerprint magnet, nor is the quality lacking. I would opt for for one however the SATA 3 SDD is a limiting factor, nor am a 100% certain if it has pen support. All said if it meets your need it`s black done right.

Q-6