Jet Black iPhone 7 feels thicker...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FoxD, Sep 28, 2016.

1. FoxD macrumors 6502

Anyone else think the Jet Black Plus feels thicker compared to the 6 Plus and other 7 Plus versions? I'm guessing it's the material but man, I don't like it. It feels like a previous iPhone generation than the new one. Going from a 6 Plus to a 7 Plus in Jet Black just feels wrong and not an upgrade. Curious if anyone else thought so.

2. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

3. Zenithal Suspended

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Depth is supposed to be the same. Not sure if the nine-step anodization and polishing process adds thickness, but I can't tell the difference from my 6s.

Getting rid of the distracting antenna lines is an upgrade, not the other way around. Additionally, you can barely see the existing bands on the JB.

5. Geert76 macrumors 65816

best grippy iPhone Apple EVER made, I love my jetblack iPhone. Seven days in use and still no (visible) scratches

6. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

My wife has the Rose Gold 7+ and I've got the Jet Black 7+. They feel the same thickness-wise to me. However the JB definitely feels more grippy than the smoothness of the brushed metal of the Rose Gold.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Perhaps you're confusing the gripability of the JB with thickness? The added grip is actually a bonus especially if you rock it naked.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

9. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

#thickgate