JetBlack owners, who's naked with AppleCare+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Nov 16, 2016.

1. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Just curious who went with the JetBlack with AppleCare+ and is going naked? I usually get a case and screen protector and no AppleCare+ but this year I'm going to go with JB and AC+ and rock it naked and not worry.

Who's doing this and how's it working out? Did you cave and get a case or screen protector or are you remaining naked?

2. ragingtonberrie macrumors newbie

I went with the 256GB iPhone 7 with AppleCare+ and no case or screen protector or sleeve or anything. Microscratches are an understatement. It's literally worn to a matte state in the places where it sits on my desk at work. I don't throw it around or use it carelessly, and at home it rests on my bed or my oversized mousepad. Still, along the entire bottom edge of the back surface as well as the top right corner (not the camera bump side) the mirror-like jet black finish has been worn down completely. Apparently this can occur from the cloth pockets of my work slacks, the laminate top of my cubicle desk, and my 300 thread count cotton sheets.

Not entirely sure how it seems to be so severe, but don't freak out. You can feel the texture difference, but you really can't see it unless you're looking directly at the reflection of a light and you're holding it yourself. Nobody else has commented on it at all and I'm still very happy with it. I would have gone with a matte black phone purely to have acquired it earlier!

3. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I'm double naked. No case. No care. No care.

4. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

I have don't have AppleCare+ (I have Asurion) but I do have a Jet Black iPhone 7

5. macTW Suspended

^^ same as SoN1NjA. Naked but with Asurion, as it covers more.

6. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

i am. i dropped it when my charging cord got caught and it fell on its side on a glass table. i couldn't save it ):

i'll try to take a pic but i need another phone,
    there are a couple marks you can't see and then the silver dent, it's not a huge dent

i was disappointed but i figured it would happen, the rest of the phone is fine

7+ btw

7. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

Naked and no AppleCare + For me it's a waste of money

8. nordique macrumors 6502a

Any chance you can provide some pics? Cheers! :)

9. firewire9000 macrumors regular

First time without a case and buy the Apple Care+. Feels great using an iPhone without a case, specially with jet black as is very grippy.

10. bluespark macrumors 65816

I've generally been using mine without a case and can see no scratches -- "micro" or otherwise -- so far. I still plan to pick up a leather case at some point.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I have a jet black + and go between using it naked and a black Apple leather case. Both feel incredible. I do have some wear in the same spots mentioned in an earlier post but not terribly bothered by it.

No AppleCare.