Jetta, Mazda 3, or Civic?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by br.avery, Aug 1, 2010.

?

Which one?

1. 2010 Jetta LE

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. 2010 Mazda 3 4-door

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. 2010 Honda Civic

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. br.avery macrumors regular

I'm still trying to decide on a new car, gonna go look at these three tomorrow. Let me know which one you think I should get! :)

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Correct answer is what one you are the most comfortable in and you enjoy the most.

It will be your but in that car for next 100k miles so you better get the one you like the best.

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

They're all good cars. Honda's legendary for reliability and cost of ownership, but I'm not a Civic fan. I picked Jetta because I love my GTI. I test drove a Mazda 3 and I didn't feel the zoomzoom.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I'd definitely take a good look at the all-new Ford Fiesta.

5. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Have you considered a diesel Jetta? They have a great fuel economy and last a lot longer than gas engines.

6. iGav macrumors G3

Do you promise you're not going to ignore your poll and everyone's advice and buy a truck like what that other fella did on here a few weeks ago?

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I drove a Civic for a day as a rental, hated it. My dad has a 2009 Mazda 3, I don't care for it too much (it's definitely lacking in the zoom zoom) and I picked Jetta because I love my GTI as well, so I figure the Jetta can't be bad.

8. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I drove one for my driving lessons, and I hated it too. It was an hybrid, so may have just worsened the matter.

The thing that annoyed me the most was the steering wheel. It's so small...

9. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I recommend the Ford F150. :D

I really like the Mazda 3, if you can get over that terrible front end styling. The view from the driver's seat is pretty good, though. I'm still wary of anything from VW, after having read many horror stories from owners online. The Civic is very dependable and very boring.

10. br.avery thread starter macrumors regular

I really like the Jetta Wolfsburg, I think I might try and look at that first, then my 2nd choice would be the Mazda 3. That front end styling is horrible but If I get it in black, it would hide it a little. I'll let you guys know how today goes! Thanks for your replies.

11. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

12. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I still think you should look at the Fiesta. I really thinks it looks like a really cool car. Doesn't really hurt to just check out all your options.

13. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

In resale value, honda is going to win with mazda not doing too bad. The VW won't fare as well. The VW is also going to have higher maintenance costs. The mazda will likely be more fun to drive than the civic, however I agree that the styling is ugly. It looks like a smiling frog.

14. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

I went in for a Civic DX and drove off the lot with an Si. If you're going to go with the Civic, go for the Si. Worth the extra $ in my opinion, and definitely not boring to drive! If not, go with the Mazda 3. I would stay away from the Jetta as well for the same reasons that others have stated.