Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjcurtin08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Hello,
I am looking to print cd jewel case inserts using playlists from iTunes. I would like to print a front cover and a back inlay card with the track info. Can you recommend any software that will do the job on OS X?

Thanks
:apple: iMac 2.4Ghz 2gb RAM 20 inch

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
A program called Discus from Magic Mouse Productions does a nice job with the Memorex jewel case combo inserts as well as other brands- both front and rear tray inserts. It has a function built in to import the track information from iTunes export files too which makes it even more useful.

You can download a free demo (with a limited amount of art- the full version comes with over 800 megs of background art pre-done) at the link above, so it would certainly be worth a try.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Hello,
I am looking to print cd jewel case inserts using playlists from iTunes. I would like to print a front cover and a back inlay card with the track info. Can you recommend any software that will do the job on OS X?

Thanks
:apple: iMac 2.4Ghz 2gb RAM 20 inch

iTunes does it. Click Print and look at the options.

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2004
There's also DiscLabel. I wasn't too fond of it when I tried it out, but that was years ago... they may have improved it.

What are some of the specific features/abilities that you're looking for that iTunes lacks?

pjcurtin08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
I would like to be able to print on memorex jewel case inserts, with no issues.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I would like to be able to print on memorex jewel case inserts, with no issues.

Did you check out the Discus demo yet? As I mentioned above it works great with the Memorex jewel case products (as well as printing on disks, DVD cases etc, etc, etc)! ;)

In spite of the goofy interface (and God forbid you leave the kindergarden sound effects enabled :(), it is a very flexible program.

pjcurtin08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
I did like the Discus program, very nice options
I wish I could get it for free

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Oh ok- your original post didn't mention it having to be free software, so I just pointed you to something that would do what you want and do it well. I am not aware of any free software that will offer what you are looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.