jewel case software???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pjcurtin08, Dec 29, 2008.

1. pjcurtin08 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am looking to print cd jewel case inserts using playlists from iTunes. I would like to print a front cover and a back inlay card with the track info. Can you recommend any software that will do the job on OS X?

Thanks
    :apple: iMac 2.4Ghz 2gb RAM 20 inch

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

A program called Discus from Magic Mouse Productions does a nice job with the Memorex jewel case combo inserts as well as other brands- both front and rear tray inserts. It has a function built in to import the track information from iTunes export files too which makes it even more useful.

You can download a free demo (with a limited amount of art- the full version comes with over 800 megs of background art pre-done) at the link above, so it would certainly be worth a try.

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

iTunes does it. Click Print and look at the options.

4. pjcurtin08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, iTunes is very limited in options...

5. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

There's also DiscLabel. I wasn't too fond of it when I tried it out, but that was years ago... they may have improved it.

What are some of the specific features/abilities that you're looking for that iTunes lacks?

6. pjcurtin08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would like to be able to print on memorex jewel case inserts, with no issues.

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Did you check out the Discus demo yet? As I mentioned above it works great with the Memorex jewel case products (as well as printing on disks, DVD cases etc, etc, etc)! ;)

In spite of the goofy interface (and God forbid you leave the kindergarden sound effects enabled :(), it is a very flexible program.

8. pjcurtin08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did like the Discus program, very nice options
    I wish I could get it for free

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Oh ok- your original post didn't mention it having to be free software, so I just pointed you to something that would do what you want and do it well. I am not aware of any free software that will offer what you are looking for.