iPad Jiggling part inside iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by c.cassidy, Jan 9, 2014.

1. c.cassidy macrumors newbie

So random but when I tap the upper right hand side of my iPad on the back of the aluminum body (near the camera) I hear something jiggle inside. When I pick the device up and shake it - I hear nothing. Is this normal?

2. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I had this question about my iPhone 5c. It turns out that the lens in the camera jiggles when the camera is not in use because when the camera app is on it moves the lens into focus but when it is off the lens just sits there and can jiggle... That's because when you tap it, it vibrates but because it the lens is so light, when you shake it you cannot hear it.

3. c.cassidy thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh thank you for this. I was worried there was something wrong inside and really didn't want to return it because my screen is great so far. Now I know !

4. doboy macrumors 68000

Maybe your power button or the volume buttons are loose.

5. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

No he said it was in the device and near his camera...I'm certain what I said is correct because it is a common question with new devices.

6. c.cassidy thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope I held both those steady to test it and it's definitely coming from around the camera area. I wonder if anyone else notices this with their air?

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Apple really needs to engrave a message near the camera to let all know that the camera will rattle.:apple: