Jigsaw24 Macbook Pro 15.4" C2D

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BasseyImp, Aug 24, 2008.

1. BasseyImp macrumors newbie

Hey all I was just wondering what version MBP you think this is, I have been searching everywhere and this is the cheapest version I have found, it doesn't state anywhere about multi-touch but does include the Firewire 800 port which is only in the latest models if I'm correct?

http://www.jigsaw24.com/default.aspx?ITEM=JIGSMA896BA

I think it's a great deal for what it is, thanks in advance. :)

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

It's the midrange model from the last generation. Remember, if it's too good to be true, don't buy it.

3. BasseyImp thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know if that's a good enough model to buy? My budget can only stretch to just above 1k, that'd probably be the only sort that I'd be able to afford.

4. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

Why wouldn't you just get a reburbished one from the apple store?

5. BasseyImp thread starter macrumors newbie

Because there are just the 2.5 ghz models on the store at the moment and they're still out of my range. :(

6. Miner Willy macrumors regular

If it's all you can afford, it's all you can afford....

Just to let you know where a work (an educational institution in UK) we buy lots of hardware from Jigsaw24, they are very good to deal with customer support is great IME and they deliver damn quick!!

We just bought 25 previous generation iMacs at a substantial discount becuase we needed to run tiger, so the deal isn't our of the ordinary. It's a good one and something they often do to get rid of old stock.

HTH