Jimmy Fallon: fewer dropped calls with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christof, Jun 26, 2010.

1. christof macrumors 6502

Aside from the supposed antenna issues, has anyone noticed fewer dropped calls, faster data and improved overall coverage and reception with iPhone 4? I'm especially curious about Jimmy Fallon's comments about his New York experience on The Engadget Show.

2. bentrider macrumors member

I have noticed much better overall reception, speed, etc... compared to my 3G. But it seems that whenever I say that here I'm told I work for Apple or am lying.

3. bwlucas macrumors member

If I'm not "holding the phone incorrectly" inside, I have way better signal strength than my 3G did. When I'm outside, I have full signal strength wherever I go, and never experience the antenna issue.

4. christof thread starter macrumors 6502

Where are you located? Have you tried measuring data speed with iPhone 4? Which device were you using previously: 3G or 3GS (or other)?

5. bentrider macrumors member

Rochester, NY. I had a 3G before. Haven't done any clocking tests and not going to. My phone is a phone. I use it to use it not to analyze it.

6. firewood macrumors 604

In one room here, I get a clearly better signal with my iPhone 4 than with my 3GS when holding the phone near the top, 5 bars versus 3 bars.

But I can also hang up on a connection by placing a moist finger across the lower left antenna gap.