Jitouch - Magic Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Schnigges, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Schnigges macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm using Jitouch 2 on my MacBook Pro for a couple of weeks now and it's just amazin.
    Since my new iMac arrived yesterday, i was wondering whether anyone has already tested the beta version of Jitouch 2 where support for the new Magic Trackpad was added.

"We're glad to announce that jitouch 2.3 beta now supports Magic Trackpad. But unfortunately, due to the new Apple's Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0, some of the gestures in jitouch no longer work properly and a few of them may be permanently removed from the next version of jitouch. We are currently working on updating our software and adding the next "cool" Magic Trackpad features."

2. Schnigges thread starter macrumors newbie

3. silentsim macrumors regular

I am currently using it. Works great but according to iStat it is using 600mb + of system RAM.

4. bigbarry2u macrumors newbie

I registered it yesterday and was impressed. However, it seems to have periods of non-responsiveness, and sometimes just plain doesn't work. There is not a lot of support or help at the website, but of course, it is still in Beta so this is probably to be expected.

I hope they get the kinks worked out because it is really a great concept. I LOVE the magic trackpad, and this will make it that much better.

5. shellshocked macrumors newbie

I'm using the magic trackpad and jitouch, I have a lot of the jitouch features turned off, enabling them one by one as I learn to use them. The surface of the magic trackpad is better than the macbook one I feel, with 'tap to click ' it makes for smooth, silent surfing.

I would be great to hear what custom gestures people use.
    I suppose its personal what works for you, depending on hands and fingers.
    Looking at the help animations for the gestures reminds me of learning to play the guitar,
    trying to place your fingers in the right position.

I made a few custom ones for safari, the default 'close tab' was hard for me, and I'm thinking of making another one for 'open link in new tab'.

I made gestures for mplayer as well, found out 2 finger vertical swipe is default for volume.

6. yul000 macrumors newbie

Ive been using it for while now. It works wonderfully and its using about 7.5mb in my real memory (Activity Monitor) only. Other than missing some gestures, its perfect.

However whenever i put my macbook pro to sleep, using SmartSleep, jitouch never get reactivated till i make a restart. Anyone encounter this same problem?