jittery animations on 4.3.2 via pwnage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, May 3, 2011.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm noticing jittery/jerky animations on my jb iphone 4 on 4.3.2 via pwnage. Anyone else experiencing this? The whole phone seems a lot less smooth this time around and I'm not sure why. Haven't installed any new jb apps that could be causing this. I did have a heck of a lot more trouble jailbreaking this time around (seems like I'm not the only one) but I can't imagine that's my problem.

2. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I'm noticing the same thing - jerky animation, delays with typing. No new packages from the ones I had with all previous 4.x.x. Strange.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i noticed this when going to 4.3.1 pwnage.. but on 4.3.2 pwnage has been much better. try re jbing.

4. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I had the same issue on 4.3.1 as well. There's no way I'm going to re-jb this thing right now. This jailbreak was a real pain in the a$$ for some reason (kept getting a 1600 error while trying to restore to my pwnage-created custom ipsw). I'll wait until 4.3.3 comes out and hope that that Apple hasn't patched the hole for the untethered jb. The last 2 jbs have definitely felt a little "off" to me.

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I guess it depends which packages you've installed. E.g. fakeclockup and Springtomize (even w/ disabled animation) destroyed the smoothness on 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 on our 4 iP4's.

If you're running only stock JB w/o restoring to an old Backup you should be fine. Have you tried that also?

6. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Well I did have fakeclockup installed at one point but I removed it because even though it did speed things up, it just didn't look and feel smooth to me.