I just recently graduated from college and have been on the job hunt. I had an interview with a government agency last Friday and received a tentative offer yesterday. I had another interview with a different company in a completely unrelated industry on Tuesday and the interview went great. The job is absolutely perfect for me and has potential for a great salary and awesome growth, but they may not make a decision for a few weeks to a month. I have to submit the tentative offer forms to the government agency by Monday or I lose the offer. At this point I don't want to officially accept the job because my heart is in the other opportunity I have. At the same time, I don't want to pass up a perfectly good job because I may have another chance. I just want to clarify that if I submit the signed tentative offer papers to the government saying I intend to accept the job that it is not binding because it is not an official job offer (there is still a pre-employment process). They specifically say not to inform a current employer because the offer is tentative and may be rescinded. I am assuming that if they can rescind their offer, I can rescind my desire to work with them, correct? This is a stressful time for me (huge life decisions are never fun), and I appreciate any advice.