Job @ Apple Retail Store - Under 18

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dansgil, Mar 8, 2008.

1. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

Is there a minimum age requirement to work at an Apple retail store? I heard you have to be 18, but does anyone know for sure?

-Thanks

2. megaforte macrumors newbie

to be honest, i have no idea, some people i talked to at the 5th ave store say 18, people at the SoHo store say it doesn't matter, as far as i know if you have the experience and your local labor laws permit you to work the required hours there should not be a conflict. For example, Im 15, i have 1 year as a system admin and 2 years freelancing and i have my certificates and i got an interview and i can legally work the 40 hours a week during the summer and when i turn 16 at then end of the summer i can do 40 hours while in school so there is no problem in transition. I have an interview on the 3rd, ill keep posted on here, but try not to pay to much attention to 2-3 year old posts, things have changed a lot. (I hope:D)

3. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, you have to be 18; however, I've heard that they sometimes look the other way if you're just a few weeks shy of your 18th birthday.

5. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

100% 18. After having a conversation with a manager he offered me a job without asking how old I was. Of course when I told him I was 16 he said woops sorry have to wait until you are 18! Next summer I will work there probably.

6. megaforte macrumors newbie

if that's the case, I'm still going to go to my interview so that it might help me down the road and I may suggest that to others but in the mean time I'll try for a job at tekserve, does anyone in NYC know the age requirement there?