Job at Apple?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dylanjuran, Jul 19, 2011.

1. dylanjuran macrumors newbie

I need some help making a decision.

I currently work for a 3rd party Apple Reseller as an Authorized Apple technician. I make a lowly $10/hr but full time. i pay for my benefits at about $40 a month. so right now i'm making about $1500 a month before tax.

Apple is offering me a Work-At-Home job for at least $14/hr (gonna try and swing $16) at a guaranteed 20/hr week job. full time for the first 8 weeks. and the benefits are the very same that the big wigs get (full dental/medical/vision + stock options and 401k with company match). currently with the reseller i only get medical/dental/vision. Thats it. now right here, i'm willing to take the loss.

the problem is, i also work at the local community college as a course instructor 1 night a week for $20/hr. if the Apple schedule breaks that, i have to cancel the class. which isn't a huge loss, it's only about that $200 a month gain for 2 months. it's not really a huge income, but it looks fantastic on a resume.

So what do guys think? worth it?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This is honestly one of the most puzzling threads I've seen on MR, ever. If you honestly cannot think of reasons why you shouldn't risk losing a full time job and a part time job for one part time job (assuming you need the money), then it probably doesn't matter what any of us tell you.

IMO, you should be looking to get a better full time job.

3. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Not worth it you will be making less income.