Job Title Suggestion

hkalltheway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Dear All,

In my company, I was previously the Business Intelligence Manager. Now, I have also assumed the responsibility of Head of Product and Business Support (IT related).

I would like suggestions on a job title that would include BOTH the above functions (Business Intelligence as well as Head of Product / Business Support).

Something like Head of IT and Intelligence?

My General Manager asked me to come up with a list, so we can narrow it down and choose the appropriate title. I want it to sound nice, big, and something that would benefit me in the future, if I switch jobs. Your help would be much appreciated guys! Thanks!

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Dear All,

In my company, I was previously the Business Intelligence Manager. Now, I have also assumed the responsibility of Head of Product and Business Support (IT related).

I would like suggestions on a job title that would include BOTH the above functions (Business Intelligence as well as Head of Product / Business Support).

Something like Head of IT and Intelligence?

My General Manager asked me to come up with a list, so we can narrow it down and choose the appropriate title. I want it to sound nice, big, and something that would benefit me in the future, if I switch jobs. Your help would be much appreciated guys! Thanks!
Salesman?

Comment

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Senior Deputy Executive of Business Product IT Support Intelligence Manager?

IT and Business Intelligence Manager?

IT and Intelligence Manager?

Comment

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Perhaps you could get more serious responses if you defined what these two positions are. As the titles are rather vague.

Comment

hkalltheway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Perhaps you could get more serious responses if you defined what these two positions are. As the titles are rather vague.
Business Intelligence Manager: Uses MIS and database tools to come up with various reports / analysis on the operations of the company, the performance, revenues, employee ratings, etc. which come in handy for key decision-making and target-setting at the management level.

Head of Product / Business Support: IT manager who is in charge of User Acceptance Tests, enhancing the system, adding functionality that would help business users, and troubleshoot all issues regarding IT deployed for day to day business.

Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Business Intelligence Manager: Uses MIS and database tools to come up with various reports / analysis on the operations of the company, the performance, revenues, employee ratings, etc. which come in handy for key decision-making and target-setting at the management level.

Oh! TPS Reports.

Comment

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
Technical Services Manager?

To me it sounds like you actually have 3 positions.
  • Business Intelligence
  • Product Development
  • Support

I assume you are head of all three?

As an aside, I do some very similar things in my job. Day to day I work in product, but at the moment I am particularly focussed on allowing our system to better generate business information reports for our clients. I'm not the head of anything, my job title is "Product Consultant". I think they just stuck the word consultant on there for fun.

Comment

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I've always felt job titles are overrated. What I actually do means a hundred times more to me than what someone wants to call it.

I requested to have no job title on my business cards, and that's how they were printed.

Comment

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've always felt job titles are overrated. What I actually do means a hundred times more to me than what someone wants to call it.

I requested to have no job title on my business cards, and that's how they were printed.
That's interesting. I remember a discussion here not too long ago where someone mentioned that giving a fancy title was sometimes used in place of raises, and that some people preferred this. I'm not a money whore, but I would never choose a title over a raise. I'm a lighting designer, not a Senior Vice President of Exhibition Illuminatory Experiences.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.