Jobs is simply the man!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by trssho, Apr 1, 2010.

1. trssho macrumors 6502

How can this guy do it over and over. He invents personal computers that people want. Comes out of retirement to Pull apple from the abyss. Then he takes the mp3 craze, and invents the iPod. Then there was the iMac. And how about the iPhone. People scoffed! He and his teams reinvented cell phones. Literally! Now the ipad, which again was initially scoffed at, and now looks like a must have product that is more revolutionary than most things before it. A culmination of products that has form and function.

Call me a fan boy, but there is a lot to root for. To invent categories in different markets and categories is simply amazing!

2. Dodgeroo macrumors regular

3. brooks.curly macrumors member

I completely agree. He's something else. Good post.

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

thats what she said

any way the iphone ipod touch and ipad would all be a failure if it wasnt for the jailbreak. it was the first "app store" that really made it great. then apple copied it and expanded off it.

5. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

6. Doju macrumors 68000

... Ha ha, now the majority of people don't jailbreak and back then it was pretty much the same. Post 1.1.1 jailbreaking became stupidly difficult.

7. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I <3 Steve Jobs... and he loves me! lol -Well maybe not, but even so. He rocks.

8. bbydon macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say apple copied it.... it allowed apps in the 1st place, so there were plans to add apps.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Steve Jobs didn't create the iPod either.

And while he may be a visionary - if he didn't have the support team he has, he and Apple wouldn't be as successful as they are today.

10. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

In marketing and sales.

11. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

12. 1appleAday macrumors regular

LOL :D

13. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

While jailbreaking came before the official app store, I disagree that jailbreaking had any bearing on the success on the iPhone. Apple was likely developing something like an app store before the iPhone even launched.

It's funny, today I watched Steve Jobs and Bill Gates at D5 from 2007. It's very interesting to hear both of them talking about the tablet form being the future (and Steve Jobs says he has something down the line that he can't talk about... it wasn't the iPhone, since this was a few months after the iPhone was announced). They're talking about the cloud and how much computing should shift toward it.... it's an interesting watch. It's still available in the Apple Store as a podcast if you haven't seen it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/steve-jobs-bill-gates-at-d5/id256972720

14. kultschar macrumors 6502a

I was thinking about this today after reading Stephen Frys Time article - The dude who designed the form factor of the original imac then the iPod and then went on to design the iphone obviously has a big part of all the success!

15. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

Jobs has 2 great qualities that make him (and would make anybody) successful:

1) He is a great salesman - he could sell sand in the desert.
    2) He is a perfectionist and lives by the mantra of refine, refine, refine and when you think you have it, refine some more. He will not put out a piece of hardware (now) that he isn't totally confident he can sell.