- Apr 12, 2001
Newsweek gives a brief interview of Steve Jobs following the Macworld keynote last week.
It provides some interesting comments from Apple's CEO.
- Jobs states that the Mac market share has increased by a point this past year (approaching 5%)
- Apple builds about 30-40 Apple Stores per year to control growth and quality
- MacBook Pro battery life should be "about the same"
- Jobs does not feel that PowerMac sales will suffer greatly during the transition
- On the lack of iPod killer products at CES: "What's going to happen is that Microsoft is going to have to get into the hardware business of marking MP3 players."