Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
Did anyone catch this article on Wired?

A quote:
It's Gates who's making a dent in the universe, and Jobs who's taking on the role of single-minded capitalist, seemingly oblivious to the broader needs of society.

So far the discussion thread for the article seems overwhelmingly negative towards the author. My main problem with the article aside from the fact that I find judging a person based on their public contributions to charity extremely distastasteful, is that he bases his conclusions on "non evidence" rather than solid evidence.

"You are not on that list as a publicity seeking donor, so you must not be doing any good for your fellow man."

What kind of crap is that?

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Lemme get this straight. According to this guy, Bill is a great guy cause he's giving 99% of his fortune away, while Steve is a bad person because he isn't? Makes me think someone in here likes Microsoft. Maybe Steve is an anonymous doner. Maybe he wants to save it up for a big money giving bash later. Maybe umpteen foundations are in his will. Who knows? Judging someone by how much money they give others is just a cheap way of showing how much they like someone who just happens to give away a bucket o' money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.