Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Joby today announced the launch of new MagSafe-compatible mounting options that are designed to work with the popular GorillaPod tripods.

joby-tripod-mount-magsafe.jpg

The GripTight Mount for MagSafe attaches to an iPhone 12 model using magnets and it features a hybrid clamp for use in both portrait and landscape mode. There's an included 1⁄4" - 20 tripod mount that's compatible with the GorillaPod or other tripod options. There are also multiple mounting points for use with other accessories like lights and microphones.

joby-magsafe-mount-standalone.jpg

With the built-in magnet and the GripTight jaws pulled back, an iPhone 12 model can be easily positioned, and then the jaws can be twisted in for even more security than is afforded by the magnetic connection.

For those who want hands-free filming, there's a GripTight Wall Mount for MagSafe, which lets a MagSafe-compatible iPhone be mounted to a wall for filming purposes.

joby-magsafe-wall-mount.jpg

Those who don't already own a GorillaPod may want to check out the GripTight GorillaPod for MagSafe, which features the MagSafe Mount along with a tripod. GorillaPods are known for their versatility thanks to adjustable and wrappable legs.

joby-magsafe-mount-kit.jpg

The GripTight Mount is available for $23.97, while the GripTight Wall Mount for MagSafe is available for $14.97. The GripTight GorillaPod for MagSafe is priced at $41.97, with all accessories available from the Joby website.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Joby. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Joby Debuts New GorillaPod-Compatible MagSafe Mounts

Last edited:

jrlcopy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
It's weird that all the prices are cheaper on Joby than what this post says they are supposed to be...

Reactions: AngerDanger

grayskyz

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
Los Angeles
I've purchased two things from Joby, and both failed and they refused to warranty them for me. One was only a month old so I wound up returning it but, Joby email support was definitely hostile in saying NO. lol.

ChromeAce

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
The photo of someone mounting their iPhone to a mirror in the bathroom hints at potential “watch me shower” videos for OnlyFans.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Joby, haha. I’m Scottish, haha.

I've purchased two things from Joby, and both failed and they refused to warranty them for me. One was only a month old so I wound up returning it but, Joby email support was definitely hostile in saying NO. lol.

Sounds like the build quality and customer support are proof that Joby's name is no, um, accident. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.