Joe Hewitt's thoughts on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Compile 'em all, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Very well worth reading

http://joehewitt.com/post/ipad/

For those of you who don't know, Joe Hewitt is the original (till 3.1) developer of Facebook for iPhone.

2. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

what did you expect him to say? That it sucks?? According to Obama, we aren't at war either. We just have a few miscreants to send to trial...and give them lawyers..

3. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

4. Halamolo macrumors regular

This was scary to read. He basically said the world would be a better place if everyone would be forced into iPhone OS prison and OS X would be left to dust. Sounds similar to NWO propaganda. If Apple is heading into this direction, it will be a nightmare!

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Isn't he one of the "high profile" developers that LEFT developing for the iphone because he didn't agree with apple's policies?

Perhaps I'm thinking of someone else.

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

his opinion would be of more value if he actually developed something useful

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

Joe's comments about the potential for amazing software on this device are spot on. Of course leave it to the macrumors members with a total lack of imagination to dismiss them as crap from someone with no talent.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Right?

I have a little book of ideas including software I hope to develop someday, and many of them would be MUCH better suited for the ipad!

9. Compile 'em all thread starter macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Useful? He is one of the first developers who worked on Firefox and he developed Firebug and the DOM inspector.

You guys make me laugh!

10. bossxii macrumors 68000

Now your asking to much... asking the clueless haters to actually know what they are talking about prior to commenting on a topic. They do make for the most entertaining comments though. :D

Thanks for the article, enjoyed the read and look forward to the iPad's release.