Johansen is back: Breaking iTunes encryption

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple Architect, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hmm, he's back at it again!

Though I can't imagine this one will last too long, will he get hit with the triple whammy? Apple lawsuit, RIAA lawsuit, and changed iTunes code?

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Is this really anything new? It sounds to me that they aren't doing anything you couldn't already do manually. If I read that article correctly, the software is breaking encryption, it is getting around it using methods very close to those already known...

The only thing he's doing is trying to make a buck by using the iTunes name. He's fitting right into the corporate lifestyle that he was supposedly so against. :rolleyes:

Isn't this a textbook definition of piracy?

3. Can macrumors member

Doubletwist

I don´t know if this is considered as an advertisement, but I want to spread the word.

Doubletwist is a platform with the vision of sharing media without thinking or requiring the know how about digital media compatibility. They have announced that a MAC version is underway as well as a Iphone application.

Interesting futures include swiftly removal of Apples DRM protection when moving your ITunes library over to (example) your sony ericsson mobile phone.

Despite the breaking of protections and restrictions on files the makers behind doubleTwist are not fronting piracy but fronting the case of legal file sharing making it simpler to use the media you have purchased legally.

For more info read:
    Double Twist Launches Platform To Help Consumers Liberate Their Digital Media or visit their site http://doubletwist.com

And yes, we are of course talking FREE software.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.