John From Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mike Teezie, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Is anybody watching this show?

I make sure to watch it every Sunday - I'm loving it so far. It's incredibly strange, which for me is a part of the appeal.

Tonight's episode (7/15) was the strangest one yet - I have no idea what happened for the last few minutes of the show.

Any fans here?

2. Saluki Alex macrumors 6502

I haven't really gotten into it. I'm a major Big Love and Entourage fan though, and I'm glad that they moved Big Love to Monday night because when I start school again, I'll have chapter meetings on Sunday nights.

What'll probably end up happening though is, there'll be a John From Cincinnati marathon and I'll stumble on it and discover that I like the show. Thats the way it usually works for HBO shows. :rolleyes:

3. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I watched the first episode and it didn't really do anything for me, so I stopped tuning in.

I keep hearing that it is actually good once it gets going so I may give it another try.

4. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

There's a marathon this coming thursday, I believe.

I couldn't really get into the show- a little bit too strange for me. I do like that the producers from Deadwood (the best series I have ever seen, in my opinion) are making John from Cincinnati. It really shows, too, besides the fact that quite a few Deadwood actors are in the series. Any of you Deadwood fans out there may have noticed that Mr Bundy's character (from Married with Children) is VERY similar too Al Swearengine from Deadwood- he talks very much the same, has similar mannerisms, talks to his bird for advice (like Swearengine talked to that Indian head) ,and so on.

Very strange show.

Off topic, but I am super hooked on Flight of the Concords. :)

5. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

My girlfriend and I watch it every Sunday, even though we still have absolutely no idea what's going on. It's getting a little irritating, but we keep watching hoping that some episode soon something will be explained.

HBO is good though, John From Cincinnati and Flight of the Conchords on Sundays. Big Love on Mondays.

Real Time With Bill Maher starts back up in August, Curb Your Enthusiasm comes back early September.