John Legere I love you.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 617aircav, Sep 22, 2014.

1. 617aircav Suspended

I ported to T-Mobile from cricket after purchasing my iPhone 6 plus on Friday morning . I spent all night Thursday in line at an Apple Store, and the guy behind me was tethering all night watching football and ESPN live. He told me he was on T-Mobile and paying $70 a month. I was so impressed I decided to switch. Now I am truly free, using my data as I see the need to. On the 2hr bus ride, each way, that I take 3 times a week, I am never left without entertainment. Hulu app, xfinity app, HBO Go. I finally can enjoy them wherever I am. This is how it's supposed to be. No more need to watch my data usage. I am now averaging a gig a day. I'm loving it.

2. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Not to rain on your parade but Tmobile also throttles your UDP, but they send you a warning prior to actually taking action. Just a heads up.

3. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Yep. $10 more for fully unlimited data without throttles. Then he'll be fine. Either way, T-Mobile policies and data options are better than everyone else. T-Mobile's coverage just needs to improve and I'd switch in a heartbeat.

4. JSalig macrumors 6502

I would jump on the $80 plan which I can say is truly unlimited. Even in the heavily congested downtown DC area, I've never been throttled and I use A LOT of data. Luckily I'm grandfathered into $70 unlimited but 80 is still a good deal and you never know if they'll increase it again.

5. mrbrown macrumors 6502

Not if you actually pay for their actual unlimited high-speed plan...

Otherwise, the rest of their data plans have throttling after a set number of gigabytes, depending on what you pay for, without any overage charges. A lot of people obviously do not understand how T-Mo's plans work.

6. 617aircav thread starter Suspended

I'm actually on the $80 plan with my brother. So it's $140 for two unlimited lines.

7. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

It may have only been $70 a month for the guy behind him in line because I'm also grandfathered on their older unlimited 4G LTE plan. The only limit is that I cannot tether more than 3GB per month, but I never tether that much anyway so it's no big deal.

8. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

I came from AT&T restrictive hell just 2 months ago to T-Mobile and I'm right with you! I've used more than 12 gigs this month!

My only complaint is that their building penetration is still poorer than the competition. A lot of that is the signal frequency they're forced to broadcast at. Hopefully that will only improve.

9. 617aircav thread starter Suspended

John Legere I love you.

You are right. He was grandfathered in. He said you get 5gb of tethering but he is jail broken and tethers unlimited. On a family plan its $70 for each person with two lines. I'm going to port my sister over from att go phone. Going to London on Xmas day so international roaming and wifi calling will be useful.