Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dave12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
anyone got experience of having a laptop repaired at john lewis - i'm having my screen replaced - whats the usual turn around time ?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
If they have the parts in stock and aren't busy, it may not take longer than couple hours. If they have to wait for the screen to arrive or are extremely busy, it takes longer. Ask them, they know better than any of us do

dave12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
i was unofficially quoted 2 weeks when i dropped of the laptop - but was wondering if anyone here had actual experience

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Two weeks is about right. My old Santa Rosa MacBook Pro broke (GPU failed, and screen blew) and turn around was 2-3 weeks. Though that was during then 2nd year of warranty.

1st year of John Lewis warranty is the normal 1-year AppleCare. 2nd year of warranty is through John Lewis and they send it off to Cancom for repair.

Depending if your laptop is in its first or second year of warranty will determine who works on the repair.. and if it is Cancom, it depends if they have the part in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.