john lewis laptop repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dave12345, Jun 10, 2010.

1. dave12345 macrumors regular

anyone got experience of having a laptop repaired at john lewis - i'm having my screen replaced - whats the usual turn around time ?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If they have the parts in stock and aren't busy, it may not take longer than couple hours. If they have to wait for the screen to arrive or are extremely busy, it takes longer. Ask them, they know better than any of us do

3. Inked macrumors regular

Inked

John Lewis usually ship the goods back to manufacturer for repair so can take a couple of weeks

4. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

i was unofficially quoted 2 weeks when i dropped of the laptop - but was wondering if anyone here had actual experience

5. kolax macrumors G3

Two weeks is about right. My old Santa Rosa MacBook Pro broke (GPU failed, and screen blew) and turn around was 2-3 weeks. Though that was during then 2nd year of warranty.

1st year of John Lewis warranty is the normal 1-year AppleCare. 2nd year of warranty is through John Lewis and they send it off to Cancom for repair.

Depending if your laptop is in its first or second year of warranty will determine who works on the repair.. and if it is Cancom, it depends if they have the part in stock.

6. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

hey - its in its 2nd year so i guess its gone off to cancom - thanks