Join ATT or T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aznboi91, Nov 24, 2012.

?

ATT or TMobile?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2013.
  1. T-Mobile

34.2%
  2. ATT

65.8%
  1. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

AT&T LTE is in a whole different class of speed next to T-Mobile's HSPA+ network.

2. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

True indeed. But in real world usage what can one do with 50mbps down that cannot be done with 20mbps down?

3. sectime macrumors 6502a

Get a Tingling feeling up your leg watching the speed test. That's about it :cool:

4. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

I went to the T-Mobile store today and they told me by the end of this year they will finish 3g and 4g. lte will roll out the beginning of next year first quarter. :) Plus since I'm on the value package...i should be able to bring that price down from 170. :) i only need 1000mins... no need for unlimited... text is just 10 dollars for everybody and 5 to add an extra line instead of 10 from att. I think you made a wise choice.

5. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

This quote made my day... :)

6. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I'd much rather have 50mbps down and drive out of LTE coverage and still have 10mbps HSPA+ than get on T-Mobile, where I can go from full 4G to EDGE in about 2 miles.

7. aznboi91, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012

aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess the only way to find out is really just to wait it out....
    LTE should not be dropping signals strength like that...

8. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I work at TMO. If you want 3 lines unlimited, it's $49 each line for the first two. So that's $100. The 3rd line is just $35 unlimited. So you'll be paying $135 plus tax unlimited, no overages.

That's on TMO's Value plan. Best plan they offer. Each other line is $35 extra, unlimited.

The only downfall. Buying the 5's outright.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's what sucks.
    Yes a tower or 2 might be refarmed by Tmobile but you drive a little further like you said you're back down to Edge.
    And that is painfull.
    At least with AT&T you get blazing fast LTE speeds and when out of LTE coverage you still got fast HSPA+ speeds.

10. sectime macrumors 6502a

Then a little further then edge tmobile you just get there quicker. Of course AT&T has better coverage but HSPA+ is not everywhere.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, but their 3G is everywhere.
    Compare 3-4mbps with 20-60kbps and then you will be miserable using your phone:)

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i was a long time at&t user, and just left them for Verizon due to LTE availability in my area. i had t-mobile before for a year, and they were horrible. worse than Sprint. i chose at&t in the poll for a few reasons.

1.) LTE network, still in infancy, but next right behind verizon
    2.) simultaneous voice and data
    3.) expanse HSPA+ network
    4.) at&t has very good building penetration when using 850mhz, tmobile uses 1900 and it really sucked.

13. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It supports both since it has both hardware but companies lock their own devices sold under their customers and wont accept or activate another carriers locked iphone devices.
    Its all about money and wanting you to buy their locked iphone version.

15. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

I see... So I really shouldn't be having any trouble with my verizon version operating under t-mobile or att right?

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct.
    It will work fine on either one.
    Only thing is if you're using it on AT&T you will get 3G and HPSA+ but wont be able to access LTE data.

17. njean777 macrumors 6502

Just go Verizon, I have had every network and Verizon has been the most reliable and friendly for me. ATT was the worst out of them all customer service wise and coverage wise, Sprint had the worst data speeds and horrible coverage, and T-mobile would be the only other carrier I would go with as they never really bothered me except for the crappy coverage in few areas.