Joined beta program, IOS beta doesnt show up.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by BRMan, Jun 10, 2015.

1. BRMan macrumors newbie

So I joined Apples beta program when OSX mavericks beta came out, I had an old Iphone 4 at the time. I now have an iPhone 6, with iOS 8.3 installed. I've tried updating both through itunes and OTA, but it just says I have the newest version(8.3). I am looking to try out 8.4 beta, but nothing ever shows up!, I have tried unenrolling/enrolling again on beta.apple.com and leaving and joining the beta again, both on the mac and the phone, but still no luck.

Am I missing something?

I am looking for the PUBLIC betas, I know iOS 9 beta is still developer program only, but I should be able to get 8.4 public beta, right?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You have to log into the developers portal to download iOS 9 then use iTunes to install it.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

OP is asking about iOS 8.4, not 9.

4. BRMan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but as I explained, I am not looking for developer betas, but public beta 8.4

5. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

Apple has to send you an email with info to actually get into the Public beta. If you didn't get an email with instruction Apple didn't pick you. They sent out invites to randomly selected people. There won't be anymore invites until iOS 9 Public Beta in July.

6. AppleFanBoy82 macrumors member

if you log onto https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ then it will show you how to get the iOS beta

7. mgroot macrumors regular

mgroot

Nope, that's only showing 10.11 and iOS 9 now (and I am in both 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4 beta) and doesn't show either of the 2 previous public betas. OP specifically wanted to get into the 8.4 beta

8. AppleFanBoy82 macrumors member

once you logged in you should see the following
    Screenshot.png
    then click on the enrol device options - i have just signed my wife to it just now and she is now running iOS 8.4 beta as we speak after downloading it

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not everyone got access to iOS betas--Apple seems to have selected a somewhat small group of everyone who actually signed up.

10. einsteinbqat macrumors regular

einsteinbqat

I do not think that you will get the public betas of iOS 8. It is probably too late. You will have to wait the betas of iOS 9.

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

For me, in place of enroll your devices, I see enroll your MAC. I did not get invited to the iOS beta program.