Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BRMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
So I joined Apples beta program when OSX mavericks beta came out, I had an old Iphone 4 at the time. I now have an iPhone 6, with iOS 8.3 installed. I've tried updating both through itunes and OTA, but it just says I have the newest version(8.3). I am looking to try out 8.4 beta, but nothing ever shows up!, I have tried unenrolling/enrolling again on beta.apple.com and leaving and joining the beta again, both on the mac and the phone, but still no luck.

Am I missing something?

I am looking for the PUBLIC betas, I know iOS 9 beta is still developer program only, but I should be able to get 8.4 public beta, right?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
You have to log into the developers portal to download iOS 9 then use iTunes to install it.

BRMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
You have to log into the developers portal to download iOS 9 then use iTunes to install it.
Thanks, but as I explained, I am not looking for developer betas, but public beta 8.4

DMaki650

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Rhinelander, WI
Apple has to send you an email with info to actually get into the Public beta. If you didn't get an email with instruction Apple didn't pick you. They sent out invites to randomly selected people. There won't be anymore invites until iOS 9 Public Beta in July.

Reactions: reptarwilleatu

AppleFanBoy82

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2015
Mexborough, UK
once you logged in you should see the following
Screenshot.png

then click on the enrol device options - i have just signed my wife to it just now and she is now running iOS 8.4 beta as we speak after downloading it

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
View attachment 561817
then click on the enrol device options - i have just signed my wife to it just now and she is now running iOS 8.4 beta as we speak after downloading it
Not everyone got access to iOS betas--Apple seems to have selected a somewhat small group of everyone who actually signed up.

einsteinbqat

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Canada
I do not think that you will get the public betas of iOS 8. It is probably too late. You will have to wait the betas of iOS 9.

So I joined Apples beta program when OSX mavericks beta came out, I had an old Iphone 4 at the time. I now have an iPhone 6, with iOS 8.3 installed. I've tried updating both through itunes and OTA, but it just says I have the newest version(8.3). I am looking to try out 8.4 beta, but nothing ever shows up!, I have tried unenrolling/enrolling again on beta.apple.com and leaving and joining the beta again, both on the mac and the phone, but still no luck.

Am I missing something?

I am looking for the PUBLIC betas, I know iOS 9 beta is still developer program only, but I should be able to get 8.4 public beta, right?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
View attachment 561817

For me, in place of enroll your devices, I see enroll your MAC. I did not get invited to the iOS beta program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.