Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I joined a bunch of small mp3 files using mp3 Joiner, and while the file will play correctly the track length is listed as the first file only. So a 30 minute track only says 3 minutes. When it gets to the end of the 3 minutes in iTunes, it does keep playing till the end.

I went into the track info and altered the stop time, but it still displayed the original time and then it would not continue playing the whole file. So I had to re rip it.

Is there any way of getting to the meta data to tell iTunes to list to true track length of the joined file?

thanks.

EDIT: the files were 127kbps VBR so I converted them to 64kbps CBR because they are only voice files, but that did not help in fact it made it worse because then they would only play the first joined file.

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I joined a bunch of small mp3 files using mp3 Joiner, and while the file will play correctly the track length is listed as the first file only. So a 30 minute track only says 3 minutes. When it gets to the end of the 3 minutes in iTunes, it does keep playing till the end.

I went into the track info and altered the stop time, but it still displayed the original time and then it would not continue playing the whole file. So I had to re rip it.

Is there any way of getting to the meta data to tell iTunes to list to true track length of the joined file?

thanks.

EDIT: the files were 127kbps VBR so I converted them to 64kbps CBR because they are only voice files, but that did not help in fact it made it worse because then they would only play the first joined file.
If you right click and view the info in iTunes you should be able to adjust the stop time.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I mentioned that in my post but it maybe wasn't clear enough. When I did that the file would not play at all, when I put it back to where it was it still would not play. And it did not change the time anyway.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I just tried stripping all the id3 metadata out of the files and then converting from vbr to cbr but joining them still does not show the full time. What this means is that it's not possible to skip forward or backwards when playing. I've joined files before without this problem occurring so I'm not sure why it's happing now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.